PSD schools are committed to enhance student learning through the BYOD Initiative. We hope to encourage an environment where each student has his or her own mobile device to use both at school and at home.
The BYOD Initiative is entirely optional, and students are not required to bring their own devices to use at school.
Parents and students can make their own decision as to which device to purchase for BYOD. We do recommend that all BYOD devices meet the following criteria:
- Internet connectivity (through Wi-Fi or other)
- 6 Hour Battery Life
- Ability to connect to Google Workspace For Education
- A Keyboard – integrated, Bluetooth or touch screen
- Word processing capability (more than 1 paragraph)
- Ability to integrate images, video and sound
Parkland School Division has partnered with a selection of businesses to aid with BYOD purchases. Visit the Technology For Learning page to access these offers and learn more about BYOD.